In this fitness conscious new era, people have begun caring about their physical appearance. A lot of the time, factors like heavy weight and cellulite is a cause of embarrassment among both men and women. According to a study, fascial manipulation could help reduce cellulite by freeing the fat cells from its fibrous bonds. One such method of fascial manipulation is called as fascial blasting.
What is Fascial Blasting?
Fascial blasting is a form of fascial manipulation which is done with the help of a plastic tool called FasciaBlaster which was invented by Ashley Black. However, its not the only fascial blasting tool in the market, there are several others that are manufactured in the name of cellulite blasters or fascia massage sticks because of its appearance. It is in the shape of a long stick with claw like feet attached to it. the way to use these tools is to massage the affected areas one at a time to help stretch and loosen up the fascia.
How to use a Fascia blasting tool?
A few simple steps are needed to do fascial blasting the most efficient way.
- Take a hot shower or soak the affected areas with warm water.
- Apply oil on the area that you want to massage.
- Gently rub the device in a scrubbing motion for sometime.
- You can even lightly massage the area with the blaster, if you’re doing it for the first time.
- Continue this for atleast 5 minutes.
- Repeat the same on all the affected areas.
You can start with 1 min or so of this daily massage, especially if you are just starting out. See how it affects you, and then gradually build up to 5 minutes. Drink plenty of fluids afterwards to stay hydrated and for better results. In case of any swelling, a cold shower can help reduce it down.
Does it work?
There is not enough research that has been done on the actual results from fascial manipulation. But there are a lot of people who have benefited from it. Some of the ways that fascial blasting helped these people included:
- Helping in reduction of cellulite.
- Improving the elasticity and firmness of skin.
- Reduction of muscle pain.
- Reduction of joint pain.
- Increasing lymphatic flow and blood circulation.
One small research was conducted by the inventor Ashley Black where she made 33 women with cellulite use fasciablaster on their thighs 5 days a week for 12 consecutive weeks. Results showed that a lot of their cellulite had reduced atr the end of 12 weeks. However, more research and study is required on a large scale for sufficient understanding of its benefits.